Lean has its origin in the Japanese manufacturing industry as a waste reduction and improvement methodology. From there Lean thinking has spread to the military, construction, and service industries in countries around the world. Lean incorporates a powerful set of tools and techniques designed to maximize customer value while reducing waste along the entire value stream and delivering bottom line financial gains to the organization. It also focuses on improving overall efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
Learners are walked through many techniques for reducing wastes and streamlining the flow of production. A good mix of examples from manufacturing and service supports the teaching of key concepts and tools in all courses. This path also provides learners with the key terminologies to help them understand and speak the language of Lean methodology of improvement.
This learning path covers the fundamentals of Lean methodology for a variety of business organizations. Courses in this path provide a basic understanding of Lean methodology, principles, and tools.
- Introduction to Lean for Service and Manufacturing Organizations
- Using Lean for Perfection and Quality
- Lean Tools and Techniques for Flow and Pull
- Reducing Waste and Streamlining Value Flow Using Lean
- Value Stream Mapping in Lean Business
- Applying Lean in Service and Manufacturing Organizations
- Five Steps to Perfection: Implementing Lean
- Value Stream Maps for Non-manufacturing Processes
Candidates opting for Vskills certification, will undergo the assessment exam at Vskills centers, across India. The details for same are as.
- The Certification Exam is for one hour (1 hour) duration.
- The exam has 50 multiple choice questions (1 marks each), with no negative marking.
- The passing percentage is 50% i.e., 25 marks need to be scored in order to clear the exam.
- One exam attempt is provided per registration with no limit on re-appearance.
- Certification Exam is computer based exam, held every month at Vskills exam centers.
- Exam result is shown after submitting the exam.
Successful candidates receive the hard copy certificate usually in 7-10 working days and the link to soft copy can be accessed with in 2-3 working days, post exam date.